.NET – Use Cases
order to provide clear, maintainable, and easy to follow requirements, this page
is used to maintain a series of use cases describing the Smart Client framework
and its expected behavior.
- System Actors
- Client Agent
- Client Agent use cases
|Primary Actor: Client Agent
|Level: User Goal
|Main Sucess Scenario:
1. During idle time in the application, the client
agent pings the server for update notifications.
2. The server sends an acknowlegment back to the client agent that updates are
3. The server authenticates the client information and validates them for
4. The agent requests the update manifest from the server and downloads the
5. The agent applies the update to the client, notifies the user the update was
successful. Agent can optionally force a restart, reboot, etc. if
required by the update manifest.
2a. Updates are available, but the server is at full
capacity in terms of the number of clients it can accept, and informs
the agent to try later.
3a. The client is not authorized based on their credentials, and the server
refuses the request. Information is provided to the user regarding who to
contact for more information.
4a. The manifest is corrupted, or does not abide by the expected schema/DTD.
5a. I/O error occurs writing the updates to the client application. ??? WHAT